UNLOCK 3.0 Rules & Guidelines : Restrictions in containment zones to stay; school,colleges shut till August 31, cinema halls, entertainment parks, swimming pools, theatres, bars, assembly halls to remain closed.
NEW DELHI : The Centre on Wednesday issued guidelines for the third phase of lifting curbs imposed to stop the spread of coronavirus disease, announcing that the gyms and yoga centres can reopen from August 5, while also removing the night curfew that restricted movement of people outside containment zones.
The Union home ministry issued the plan , “Unlock 3.0”, prepared after receiving feedback from states and in consultation held with central ministries and departments to open up more activities outside containment zones, an official statement said. The new guidelines, which will come into effect from August 1, said that strict lockdown will continue in containment zones, areas that report clusters of disease- till August 31 and asked authorities to maintain strict perimiter controls in such zones.
“Dates of opening of these will be decided separately, based on the assessment of the situation,” the home ministry said.
The decision to keep schools, colleges and coaching institutions closed till August 31 was taken after consultations with states and Union Territories, the statement said. The guidelines added that online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged
Unlock 3.0 guidelines: What’s allowed
- Movement of individuals during night hours.
- Yoga institutes, gymnasiums will open from August 5. A standard operating procedure will be issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Independence Day functions allowed with social distancing along with health protocols , instructions issued by government on July 21 need to be followed.
- International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission.
Unlock 3.0 guidelines: What’s not allowed
- Metro Rail services
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Vulnerable persons, ie people above 65 years of age, people with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
Unlock 3.0 guidelines for containment zones
- Lockdown in containment zones will remain imposed till 31 August.
- Within the perimeters of containment zones, strict social distancing and other norms of containing the spread of the virus shall be maintained and only essential activities will be allowed, MHA said.
- These containment zones will be notified on the websites of respective district collectors of the states and UTs and activities taking place in these zones will be strictly monitored by the authorities. States and UTs can impose its own guidelines outside the containment zones, which they deem necessary.